Sunday, July 11, 2010

Better news from Brett
Kathy Grant reports:
Brett is resting comfortably. He is being weaned off all sedation and I don't think he is fully understanding where he is or what has happened. He is trying to speak and recognized family and friends. His lungs are continuing to improve, and his kidneys have started to pick up.

My parents are going home tomorrow, and Brett's parents will remain for at least a few more days. Emily and I am staying in Riverside with Jeff and Angela indefinitely.

Doctors and nursing staff are impressed with Emily. They cannot believe how much grace and maturity she has shown throughout this ordeal.

She is always smiling upon entering Brett's room. I am usually sobbing. Several of the nurses have told me they have never seen such a 15 year old, which makes me very proud.

Boys are still in Las Vegas playing ball. Thanks to all of you who are helping.

Thank you for the prayers and messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment