Friday, July 16, 2010

A texting nun
Kathy Grant reports on Brett
I thought I had posted last night, but I guess it did not go through.Today was a busy day. Started w/ surgeon pulling 1.5 liters of fluid from Brett's lungs.

He was taken off the vent for two hours but then put back on, which is a step in the right direction. Started a feeding tube today.

PT started yesterday. Kidneys are hanging on.

Dom and Zach came to see Brett today thanks to the Bullock family. Brett was thrilled to see the boys.

.Brett's parents are going home tomorrow after almost a month of living at the Marriott. I'm still mooching off of Angela and Jeff.

Emily has been with me all week and does not want to leave, but the Bullocks are taking the kids to Disneyland with their family tomorrow, which is a great break for all of them, but especially Emily.

Our new friend Sister Carmelina from Santa Teresita Church texts me daily for updates, which makes me laugh. A texting nun...

Brett is receiving your get well cards here at the hospital. Thank you. Emily reads them to him daily. Several of you have asked about sending gifts, but please don't yet, as he is limited in what he can receive in I C U.

I'll update tomorrow. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment